When you are field recording a band or sound team, you need to be able to dry out the microphone by the time you are ready to transport it back to the studio. This is especially important when the team is traveling, as it is difficult to achieve an even balanced balance when they are. So, we’re gonna see how to dry out a wet microphone.
You can either use a water-based Recording wetness treaty or your favorite record cleaning fluid. whichever you choose, make sure it is of good quality and does the job its claims to do.
The first time you record a band, it is important to make sure all members have enough power to reach the microphone with alone balanced weight. After the first batch of recordings, make sure every record is played with a new set of hands just in case the previous number one spot goes away again.
The most important attribute of a good dehydration technique is making sure the weight of the microphone is evenly balanced. With too much power being available to the microphone, it will be difficult or not possible at all to dry out the wet microphone.
- Turn off the microphone completely and unplug it from any audio device you’re using.
- Remove your battery if your microphone contains
- Gently, shake out the water as much as you can
- Place your mic in a warm and dry place and let it be there for at least 48 hours to any water to get it dried.
Tips to Dry Out unremovable battery Microphones
If your microphone comes with a pre-installed unremovable battery, don’t worry you can follow these steps instead.
Tips to Dry Out unremovable battery Microphones
- Place your mic in a warm and dry place and let it be there for at least 48 hours to any water to get it dried completely.
- Donnot use the microphone intil its completely dried out.
- Because if there are some wet componets in the microphone, it can cause a demage.
- Donnot use any hairdryer or any other heating device to dry your microphone.
How to prevent your microphone from getting wet
- Don’t put your equipment where it can become exposed to moisture and humidity.
- Don’t leave your microphone and other equipments, in the hot environment like car.
- Use rain cover on your mic where it can be wet.
- Just keep it in a dry and soft and clean environment.
These tips are for preventing the Microphone from getting wet. They should be placed in a container of water and thenetzed so that the camera will not move. We have simple steps that will help you to use the equipment again if needed.
Some other tips to dry a wet microphone
If you have a microphone that gets wet, and you want to keep it, these tips can help.
Dry your microphone naturally
If you want to dry your Mic quickly, you can’t do it gradually and naturally. As I mentioned don’t use any hairdryer or any other device. Go for a natural process to dry out all the components.
1. The steps to dry your Microphone naturally are:
- Turn your microphone off.
- Remove the battery if your microphone contains removable.
- Shake out the microphone.
- Put your microphone in the warm and soft environment and donnot use it for at least 48 hours.
2. You can use Rice:
You can use Rice for drying out your Microphone. Rice is a water-absorbent that helps the device dry off quickly.
3. These are the steps, to dry out your microphone using rice.
- Put your mic in a plastic bag or luggage
- Add 1 – 2 cups of rice and shake it nicely
- Keep it stay for 12 hours
- After that take it out then.
- If it is not dried fully, add more rice into your bag.
- Let it stay in the bag for more 12 hours.
4. Use Silica Gel
Silica gel is a great option to dry out your Microphone without damage because it absorbs moisture nicely. Our silica gel boxes come with a range of 7-30g/day, which is perfect for your needs.
These are the steps to use Silica gel
- Place the device and parts in a zip-top storage bag.
- Add Silica Gel pack to the bag also you can add rice to get your process fast ( They’re designed to be very efficient at absorbing moisture.)
- Seal the bag and let it sit for at least 72 hours.
- Remove your Microphone after 3 days and check to see if it is scorched.
- Place your device and parts in the zip-top type bags or luggage.
- Add gel into it and add rice to get this process face.
- Seal the bag and let it a side for at least 72 hours
- After 3 days and done!
FAQ’s | How to dry out a wet microphone
How do you fix a water-damaged mic?
If the phone is wet, you can allow it to dry. Turning it off and placing it in a porous environment, like in a box of rice, will help to dry the phone effectively and hopefully get the microphone back to normal.
How do you get water out of your gaming mic?
Letting the microphone dry with spit can help it become dry and Fuzzy. If the microphone still feels fuzzy after being set up, it probably is wet and will need to be dried before using compressed air can remove spit.
How do you get water out of your phone’s microphone?
After you have closed the SIM tray, please note that it is important to not use cleaning products or compressed air. Instead, use these items: a vacuum cleaner with a detachable hose, a disclosure notice about the device’s use and care, and smoke and fire safety information.
Conclusion | How to dry out a wet microphone
If the microphone is still wet after trying to dry it naturally, it is best to buy a new one. Silica or Rice are both options, but they may not be effective if the Microphone is still wet. The next step is to try and abuse it. That sounds like a lot of trouble, doesn’t it?
But, if you do that too frequently or without using proper safety precautions, you may be putting your customer at risk of getting injured by can toppling over when they are listening to music or sound effects with their hand on the microphone.
Hope this guide was helpful, if you’ve any questions leave them in the comments section. You can also check out our other microphone reviews and buying guides.